Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Spelunking for Jesus

At various times Saturday and Tuesday, members of Pomona UMC, Monterey First Baptist, and I were "spelunking for Jesus."  Of course, we were under flooded homes, rather than flooding caverns.  Homes that have been flooded often need wet floor insulation and ductwork/ductwork insulation removed.  Afterword, spraying to kill/prevent mold must be done. Space is often cramped, even low enough you can't even get on your hands and knees.  Tough, but rewarding work as we Serve Christ and Neighbor.

2 comments:

george said...

Dear Mr. Brock I'm in need of a fogging machine to de-mold my house before we can go forward. Mr. Chapdelaine said you had a fogging machine and would be willing to put it to work at my house. I'm at a critical point. I have people lined up to move this project forward but at a standstill until the mold problem is abated. Please contact me at 615-224-8206. Thank you GJJ

Jody W said...

New Market, AL - End Stage COPD patient home. April 27, 2011 tornado. We had flooding and resultant mold and mildew in basement and crawlspace. Neither insurance or FEMA will take care of mold remediation. Estimates are over $10,000 for repairs and cleaning. Habitat for Humanity is unable to assist due to high cost. Volunteers capable of this type work are needed. I am living alone on SSI and Food stamps and cannot possibly get a loan. If there is anyone that does mold remediation that could possibly assist - please message me. I lost over 50 years of personal belongings and those are so unimportant. I know others have lost everything but the mold is a serious problem with my disease and I will not get better. We did manage to isolate the A/C from the basement so there is cleaner air in the living portion of the house. Any ideas, help, assistance is greatly appreciated. My Prayers are with those that lost family and homes and I am grateful for the help we have received.



jpwillett@mchsi.com